The UKBA has today published new versions of the application form and policy guidance for Tier 1 (Post-study work) of the points-based system, for applications made on or after today.
Trainee doctors on a Foundation Programme with permission to stay in the UK under Tier 4 can now switch into Tier 1 (Post-study work) up to 1 month before the date when their programme ends. This change has also been reflected in the policy guidance for Tier 2.
Following recent changes to the Immigration Rules, the following changes to Tier 4 of the PBS have been made:
- restrictions to work entitlements to migrants studying at higher educational institutions (HEIs) and publicly funded further education colleges only;
- restrictions to the sponsorship of dependants to those studying at postgraduate level at HEIs on courses lasting at least 12 months, and government-sponsored students on courses lasting at least 6 months;
- a requirement for education providers to vouch that a new course represents genuine academic progression;
- introduction of a new declaration on the visa application form;
- introduction of a streamlined application process for low-risk nationals applying to attend courses with Highly Trusted Sponsors;
- extension of the list of courses for which students must receive ATAS clearance;
- restriction on the ability to deliver accountancy courses accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) to those sponsors accorded platinum or gold status by ACCA; and
- clarification on the position of overseas universities with campuses in theUK.
The UKBA have today published new versions of application forms for Tier 4 (General), Tier 4 (Child) and dependants under the Points-Based System. These forms are for use by applicants who are already in the UK.